Christine Berrisford Humanist Celebrant
Humanist wedding ceremonies… your wedding, your way.
Wouldn’t it be great to start your married life with a ceremony that really means something? To tell your friends and family what your relationship means to you, and why you are choosing to get married?
Many of us who aren’t religious are looking for a wedding that is more flexible and personal than a civil or register office ceremony.
A humanist, non-religious wedding ceremony gives you the opportunity to marry where you want, when you want and how you want. There’s no set script: it’s too personal an occasion for that. Instead, each wedding is tailored to meet the particular couple’s requirements. You can set the tone that’s right for you and choose your own words, music and symbolic actions.
Humanist weddings are perfect for couples who would like:
- A meaningful ceremony that isn’t religious
- To work with a celebrant who has successfully completed a rigorous, high quality training programme
- To marry outdoors or at a location that isn’t licensed for civil weddings
- The flexibility to create a personal ceremony that is unique to them
- To get to know the person who will be conducting their wedding
- To celebrate their marriage with family and friends but without legally registering it – perhaps they have already undertaken the formalities overseas, for example.
- To attend the register office to take care of the legal formalities in the days before or after their humanist wedding
As your celebrant I will:
- Meet you to get to know you and what you want from the occasion
- Share ideas and draw on my experience to help you craft your wedding
- Write a unique ceremony based on your preferences
- Edit this in response to your feedback
- Conduct the ceremony on the day itself
- Give you a presentation copy of the final script.
Working as a Celebrant is wonderful.
Contributing to the life of my community in Leeds and the surrounding area in this lovely way is something that brings me a great deal of personal and professional satisfaction.
Helping people to celebrate their special day in exactly the manner and style they wish, is a real privilege and an exciting journey to embark upon with each new client.
If you are looking for a ceremony that is unique, personal and meaningful and hope to work with a celebrant who is friendly and down to earth, as well as professional, I would be delighted to undertake the task of writing and conducting that ceremony for you.
For an insight into what you can expect if you choose me as your celebrant, please have a look at feedback from previous clients on my website www.humanist.org.uk/christineberrisford
Do feel free to contact me via telephone or email with any initial enquiries on 07516683323 or email@example.com